Shield Works - Zhuhai
Floor 4, Building 8, Maker Town Accelerator, Hongqi Town, Jinwan District, Zhuhai City, Guangdong Province, P.R. China
Zhuhai is a beautiful city in the Greater Bay Area, located on the southern coast of Guangdong province in China. Learn more about this amazing city and why Shield Works selected Zhuhai as the location for our flagship facility.
Maker Town is the largest intelligent manufacturing base in the west bank of the Pearl River and home to the Shield Works facility. Learn more about the Maker Town industrial park and its R&D, technology and innovation focus.
Zhuhai is a beautifulcity in the Greater Bay Area, located on the southern coast of Guangdong province in China. Learn more about this amazing city and why Shield Works selected Zhuhai as the location for our flagship facility.
The Guangdong-Hong Kong-Macau Greater Bay Area (GBA) comprises the two Special Administrative Regions of Hong Kong and Macau, and the nine municipalities of Guangzhou, Shenzhen, Zhuhai.
Jinwan Maker Town
Jinwan Hongqi Maker Town, Zhuhai
The Maker Town industrial park is based in the busy Jinwan district.
Has a total planned area of approximately 68,000 square metres. The total construction area of the first phase is about 35,000 square meters, and the total investment is expected to be 160 million yuan, including the company's own R&D building, business incubator and business display centre.
Maker Town is an incubator project under the leadership of the Jinwan government. Managed by a professional industrial investment organization Zhuhai Sen Tan. Its aim to build a full-cycle incubation platform that integrates ‘three major regions, four major industrial demonstration bases, and six major industrial service platforms’.
This project is currently located in 2 stages: Maker Town Incubator and Maker Town Accelerator.
The Greater Bay Area
The Guangdong-Hong Kong-Macao Greater Bay Area (Greater Bay Area) comprises the two Special Administrative Regions of Hong Kong and Macao, and the nine municipalities of Guangzhou, Shenzhen, Zhuhai, Foshan, Huizhou, Dongguan, Zhongshan, Jiangmen and Zhaoqing in Guangdong Province. The total area is 56 000 km2 and the total population is around 70 million as at end 2017.
The development of the Greater Bay Area is accorded the status of key strategic planning in the country's development blueprint, having great significance in the country's implementation of innovation-driven development and commitment to reform and opening-up. The objectives are to further deepen cooperation amongst Guangdong, Hong Kong and Macao, fully leverage the composite advantages of the three places, facilitate in-depth integration within the region, and promote coordinated regional economic development, with a view to developing an international first-class bay area ideal for living, working and travelling.
The City of Zhuhai
A range of location across China and SE Asia were examined for setup of the Shield Works assembly facility. It was concluded through this investigation process that the most suitable location would be Zhuhai city (the current location of the C2W HQ).
Zhuhai has a number of key advantages as follow:
- Proximity to existing parent company C2W HQ, resources and staff and ease of HQ involvement in ongoing long-term plant management and oversight.
- Existing Zhuhai based support network of established local and foreign businesses across a wide range of industry sectors.
- 14-year trading history through parent company C2W within the city and established relationships with government departments and officials.
- Close proximity to Guangdong based C2W supplier network for key component supply.
- Significant and ongoing government investment in Zhuhai city planning and infrastructure.
- Greater Bay Area integration. With the recent opening of the Hong Kong - Zhuhai - Macau Bridge and the commencement of construction on the Zhongshan - Shenzhen Bridge, Zhuhai now has close distance access to Hong Kong Cargo Terminal with no additional tax implications and will in a few years have close distance access to Shenzhen Yantian Cargo Terminal.